Chopta is a small and extremely picturesque hill region strategically and at the same time discreetly located somewhere in the Rudraprayag Himalayas. It is simply incredible to note that Chopta despite that ridiculously easy access to far off plains such as Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, and so many towns and cities of northern India packs in a heavy punch when it comes to the attractions that one seeks in any high altitude snow filled destination.
You can boldly compare Chopta with any other national or international hill tourist resort and find that this unassuming region wins hands down on most counts. And this comparison can also include Switzerland.
It is indeed heartening to find that Chopta in Uttarakhand is able to match its breathtakingly beautiful peaks, ravines, grasslands, gorges, streams, rivulets, and waterfalls with equally brilliant tourism related infrastructure too.
The serene beauty is simply unsurpassed
Getting to Chopta is as easy as it can get to any hill station located at the height of 2700 mts. In fact, it is so well connected to major centres that many experts feel that this feature alone is bound to lure in thousands of visitors to its abode.
Why don’t you leave all the transportation planning and arrangement to Chopta Trekking Package (A Unit of Ganga Valley Adventure) and relax. As we can provide you with the right vehicle as well as a tour package that is bound to be a true value for money deal. And also no need to panic at the first sign of trouble like a punctured tyre, or a fallen tree, as we are very much there to deal with these minor and major irritants on the way.
Remember with us, it is a complete package that will take care of not just the to and fro transportation but also food, hotel accommodation, local sightseeing, etc. Both in terms of the distances from say places like Rishikesh, Dehradun, Delhi, and the rest of the numerous towns and cities spread over Uttarakhand, as also the different transportation modes – road, rail, and air – Chopta proves as a very well connected region.
Reaching Chopta is pretty easy
Chopta itself may be just a speck in the vast and seemingly limitless snow clad mountain peaks after peaks, intermittent only by gorges, valleys, and mountain streams, and rivulets region. But it is blessed with such an excellent world class connectivity that will put to shame many other similar mountain abodes.
- The nearest airport is the Jolly Grant in Dehradun. Dehradun itself is about 246 km from Chopta. Once you have landed in Dehradun, all you need to do is take a cab or a bus service (both state transport department run buses as well as private coaches are available) and reach Chopta.
- On the other hand, Rishikesh is the nearest railhead to Chopta. Rishikesh itself is 209 km from this irresistible hill resort. Taxi services and buses are aplenty to Chopta, Ukhimath and several other nearby base locations.
- For those who insist on driving their own vehicle and arriving it is advisable to do so only during the summer season (March – June) as the remaining months are either pretty wet (monsoon) or extremely tricky because of the snow setting in the region with winter taking over.
- Even during the summer months, you do need to be a good driver who is familiar with the region and its numerous bends, and turns.
- Otherwise, there are any number of local cab services, and buses to all bases from Chopta – Ukhimath (40 km), Delhi (451 km), Meerut (368 km), Haridwar (225 km), Pauri (126 km), Devprayag (130 km) etc.